Jobs in Ethiopia: GOAL is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Roving WASH & NFI Shelter Programme Officer in Odabultum & Siraro and Rove in different parts of our operation area, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Senior Roving WASH & NFI Shelter Programme Officer
(GOAL Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by GOAL
- Organization: GOAL
- Location: Odabultum & Siraro and Rove different parts of our operation area
- Grade: Senior Level
- Years of Experience: 5+
- Engineering, Environment Health and Natural Resource
- Closing Date: Jun 15, 2021
About GOALGOAL’s mission is to work with the most vulnerable communities to help them respond to and recover from humanitarian crises, and to assist them to build transcendent solutions to mitigate poverty and vulnerability.
GOAL is a non-for profit organization that has been working in Ethiopia for over 30 years, towards ensuring the poorest and most vulnerable in our world and those affected by humanitarian crises have access to the fundamental rights of life, including but not limited to adequate shelter, food and livelihoods, water and sanitation, nutrition, healthcare and education. GOAL implements a range of multi-sectoral development, resilience, recovery and humanitarian responses programmes by being sensitive to cross-cutting issues including gender, accountably, child protection, HIV/AIDS. Currently, we work with pastoralist, agro-pastoral, pastoral dropouts, rural small holder farmers, rural/urban youth and street children to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience in Ethiopia working closely with local communities, local government, donors and other key actors.
We envision a world where poverty no longer exist, where vulnerable communities are resilient, where barriers to wellbeing are removed and where everyone has equal rights and opportunities. GOAL Ethiopia’s main donors Irish Aid, USAID/OFDA, EHF, ECHO and other private donors.
ABOUT THE POSITON:
The roving Senior WASH, NFI & Shelter programme officer will support the coordination and implementation GOAL’s WASH, shelter and non-food items interventions in the assigned locations at the field level. This includes the planning and oversight of all the WASH, shelter and NFI activities through both cash-based or/and in-kind modalities, as well as direct support during implementation and assessments.
As roving Senior WASH, NFI & Shelter programme officer, He/She will be responsible for quality implementation on the assigned WASH, Shelter and NFI activities in the assigned locations. In the coordination with the field team (woreda and regional staff) and head office WASH team. Roving Senior WASH, NFI & Shelter programme officer will also support the overall coordination and monitoring of WASH-SNFI activities and provide support and guidance to different field level project staffs who are involved in the implementation of WASH SNFI projects.
He/She will work closely with the programmes, finance, logistics, compliance and procurements. Other sector and NGOs and government staffs and ensure high-quality implementation, report on progress, monitor implementation, and contribute to internal and external learning processes.
- Participate in humanitarian assessments of internally displaced and disaster-affected communities including seasonal assessments and joint rapid assessments.
- Support the implementation of GOAL WASH ESNFI responses in the assigned locations across Ethiopia in coordination with head office and sub-office staff including logistical procedures, preparation of distribution plans and budget, engagement with implementation partner agencies, and coordination with ESNFI Cluster and regional authorities.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to implementation sites to support responses, provide guidance to the field teams, identify gaps and challenges, make recommendations for adjustments, and document lessons learned – to ensure high quality WASH ESNFI assistance is delivered according to the cluster standards and donor requirements.
- Coordinate dissemination and monitoring of joint beneficiary registration and verification procedures and beneficiary feedback mechanism to ensure targeting of vulnerable beneficiaries for assistance and to capture and address protection concerns that may arise during interventions.
- Ensure project reporting deadlines and commitments are met in accordance with donor agreements.
- Prepare monthly, interim, final and mission reports for WASH-ESNFI programming.
- Provide update on the ESNFI projects matrix (5Ws and reporting hubs) to the cluster under the supervision of WASH and Shelter NFI Programme Manager.
- Assess the WASH ESNFI needs in target locations by identifying, documenting and analysing the needs of children, women and other vulnerable groups using standard checklists and tools.
- Monitor beneficiary data collection, compilation and periodic (monthly) reporting to WASH and Shelter NFI Programme Manager.
- Represent GOAL in relevant forums at the field level, relevant humanitarian forums whenever relevant.
- Develop and maintain positive relations with local implementing actors, local authorities and other local stakeholders through information sharing and coordination.
- Organize awareness raising sessions to build capacities of relevant government staff in WASH ESNFI assessment, monitoring and evaluation.
- When needed work in close collaboration with government and other stakeholders to organise and implement WASH SNFI activities in the targeted zone.
- Contribute to the development, testing and dissemination of IEC materials related to WASH, shelter and non-food items support and services.
- Monitor and follow up timely and quality implementation of all activities.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
GOAL’s recruitment procedure is fair and transparent which is also in line with the organization’s commitment to its integrity, honesty and culture. GOAL is committed to ensure that, its performance complies with the terms and conditions of relevant agreements, applicable laws & regulations. Hence, pre-employment background checks will be conducted, and employees are required to read, understand, sign and implement different polices including safe guarding and child protection policy, Protection from Sexual Exploitation and abuse policy, sexual harassment policy, code of conducts and any other policy, rules and regulation of the organization.
Do you want to join an exciting organization that brings high level impact to the community and add value to your professional advancement? Then join us if you have:
• University degree, engineering background, environmental health or water supply and environmental engineering is preferable. Advance degree preferred.
• A minimum of four years of experience in the same/similar role in designing shelters and WASH experience.
• Experience with supervision roles for tasks of a similar nature to this assignment.
Desirable qualities, skill and Competencies:
· Strong capacity and experience with planning, organizing and coordination
· Demonstrated technical expertise in humanitarian response activities related to shelter and non-food item distribution.
· Experience and knowledge of cash and ESNFI transfer programming
· Experience with shelter rehabilitation and design
· Knowledge of budgetary, procurement and logistical procedures relevant for humanitarian response.
· Excellent communication and listening skills, capacity to build relationships with targeted groups
· Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision
· Writing and speaking of local language is advantageous
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants need to submit ONLY once their non – returnable application with CV for one vacancy. The vacancy reference number along with the title & Duty station need to be written in the application letter and/or subject of the email. Applicants can apply using the following option.
- Applicants can directly apply online using firstname.lastname@example.org
GOAL strongly encourages female candidates to apply!
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview and exam.
Shortlisted candidates will need to submit other supporting documents upon request at later stage.
GOAL is not able to contribute towards any costs incurred by candidates during the recruitment