Jobs in Ethiopia: FAO is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of AMR MPTF Program Manager and Lead in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: AMR MPTF Program Manager and Lead
(FAO Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by FAO
- Organization: FAO
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Senior Leve
- Years of Experience: 5+
- veterinary medicine, pharmacology, microbiology or food safety
- Closing Date: Jun 10, 2021
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that the Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented member nations and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold our values. FAO has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and FAO, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates, therefore, will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
- The incumbent may be re-assigned to different activities and/or duty stations depending on the evolving needs of the Organization
The main aim of the FAO country offices, which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist Governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Ethiopia is one of the priority countries for the Antimicrobials Resistance Multi-Partner Trust Fund (AMR MPTF) project. The Ethiopia Tripartite organizations have developed and will implement the project to support the One Health AMR prevention and control over the next two years, with a budget of 1 million USD. AMR MPTF Project Manager and Lead is required to lead, coordinate, and support the guidance, implementation and monitoring of this project.
The AMR MPTF Project Manager and Lead will be located at FAO Ethiopia.
Within the framework of and under the Overall supervision of the Food and Agriculture Organization Representative for Ethiopia (FAOR) of the United Nations and direct supervision of the Emergency Centre for Transboundary Animal Diseases (ECTAD) Country Team Leader, Chief Veterinary Officer (CVO)/Chief, Animal Health Service (AGAH), and in close collaboration with the Regional AMR Project Coordinator/ Lead Technical Officer at RAF, the ECTAD Regional Manager for Eastern Africa, the MPTF AMR Project Manager will undertake the following tasks and responsibilities.
Antimicrobial Resistance Multi-Partner Trust Fund (AMR MPTF) Project
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Have close working relationships on Project Management, Administrative, Technical issues of the AMR MPTF project with the regional and global Tripartite Secretariat of FAO, OIE WHO;
- Be the lead and coordinator for Ethiopia FAO-WHO-OIE AMR MPTF technical and operational project planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Be the Lead, Expert and Coordinator for all AMR prevention and containment work in the areas of multi-sectoral coordination and alignment with global recommendations; strengthening governance and sustain progress; strengthening AMR Surveillance systems and animal health and food safety laboratories; promote good animal health and food safety practices and Infection Prevention and Control; and antimicrobial stewardship and prudent use of antimicrobials;
- Coordinate with the Ministries of Agriculture and Health, Environment, Forest, Climate Change Commission and the Authorities, Institutes, and Centers under them, and One Health national multi-sectoral and multidisciplinary Advisory committee on the proper planning and implementation of the project;
- Act as a focal point and serve as a link for communication between the different levels of the Tripartite organizations and among key partners and stakeholders at country level, regional and global level for the project;
- Develop briefings on AMR, the AMR MPTF and the need for a multi-sectoral response for senior staff in the tripartite organizations;
- Be the lead and responsible for the coordination and management of the AMR projects and their sustainability
- Perform both externally and internally-facing functions and will be required to ensure the effective and efficient delivery of high quality results;
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Candidate should be national of Ethiopia
- Advanced university degree in veterinary medicine, pharmacology, microbiology, food safety, and other relevant areas
- At least ten years of relevant experience in antimicrobial use and AMR and project development and management
- Working knowledge of English and fluency in Amharic, official language of the country.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Preferred combinations of trainings in one or more animal or public health sciences and experiences
- Experience in project management, coordination and monitoring with different counterparts
- Advanced understanding and knowledge of AMR prevention and containment among the public, animal health and Environment health in One Health approach
- Record of coordinating and leading role of the multi-sectoral and multi-disciplinary AMR teams
- Preferred awareness, experiences, and mandates of FAO, WHO or OIE.
- Proven ability in writing technical reports and manuscripts for publication in peer reviewed journals.
- Proven experiences in designing and implementation of AMR One Health proposals, projects and baseline assessments
- Extent and relevance of education in the above area of work
- Familiarity to work with UN agencies, Government and other partners
- High proficiency in written and oral English
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: Careers@fao.org
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply, visit the recruitment website at Jobs at FAO and complete your online profile.
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
- If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT