Jobs in Ethiopia: The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Invitation of Temporary Accounting and Administrative Service in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Invitation of Temporary Accounting and Administrative Service
(The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Organization: The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN)
- Location: Addis Ababa
- Grade: Junior Level
- Years of Experience: 1+
- Accounting and Finance
- Closing Date: Jun 4, 2021
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is driven by the vision of a world without malnutrition. GAIN is a Swiss based international organization that mobilizes public-private partnerships and provides financial and technical support to deliver nutritious foods to those people most at risk of malnutrition. In Ethiopia, GAIN is working on advancing the national food fortification program in oil and flour by providing lab capacity development and other technical support; workshops and training; integrated home fortification. We are looking at ways to reduce post -harvest loss and piloting a commercial distribution and marketing of dairy products.
GAIN Ethiopia would like to hire fulltime individual service provider/consultant who have accounting and finance background to support the country office Finance and Admin Department for short period of time.
Scope of Work
The service provider will be expected to work full-time for the duration of three months and will have the following responsibilities:
- Prepare financial documents for payment processing
- Assist in physical check of office inventory
- Assist in managing of GAIN’s filing system
- Assist in filing and arranging Finance and Administration documents
- Assist in scanning and filing of financial documents
- Assist the finance team in collecting advices, checks and statements from the bank
- Assist in maintaining monthly update of scanned documents to the online storage space
- Support the finance team in processing payments, settlements of advances and preparation of bid analysis
- Cross-check processed documents to see the required and necessary items
- Assist in logistical support and customs clearing of imported items
- The service provider will be expected to perform other additional administrative, finance and logistical assistance, as needed
Required Qualification and Experience
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Finance with relevant experience in accounting service preferable in nongovernmental organizations.
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply financial rules, regulations and procedures
- Excellent troubleshooting and communications skill
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and resourceful finding solutions to complex problems
Skills & Attributes
- Good working computer knowledge with proficiency in basic office software specially MS Office Excel.
- Initiative, committed and willing to work under pressure.
- Ability to work cooperatively with staff
- Good organizational skills
- Good in spoken and written English
- Be honest, ethical and committed
- Be pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Be reliable, responsible, and dependable and fulfilling obligations
· Give attention to details in completing assigned tasks.
How to Apply
Interested individual service providers/consultants should submit Application and CV according to the following details:
- An electronic copy of Application letter, CV and supporting documents in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The applicant should submit their expectation for the monthly service fee on their application letter
- Deadline for application is 3rd June 2021
- Late application will not be accepted
*Please make sure you mention ‘Application for Temporary Accounting and Administrative Service’ on the subject line of your email application.