Mercy Corps Ethiopia
Jobs in Ethiopia Opportunity: Mercy Corps Ethiopia currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Driver based in Kombolcha, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Driver
(Mercy Corps Ethiopia Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Mercy Corps Ethiopia
- Organization: Mercy Corps Ethiopia
- Location: Kombolcha
- Grade: Mid Level
- Years of Experience: 3+
- Closing Date: Jun 4, 2021
About Mercy Corps
Position Title: Driver
Duty Station: Combolcha
Open Position: 1
The Driver will provide safe transport services for Mercy Corps program and support staff adhering Mercy corps, Government and donor policies and country traffic and safety rules. The Driver will work within the operations department of support structure and should be committed to provide reliable and compliant support to Mercy corps achieve its goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Adherence to all Mercy corps policies and procedures as outlined in Mercy corps policies and procedure manuals;
- Perform duties based on the given schedule and as per the job description provided and as per the request of the supervisor and transport agency goods and staff as per approved trip tickets/Trip requests;
- Maintain vehicle log-sheets in accordance with Mercy corps policies/regulations;
- Check the vehicle conditions after each trip/routinely and report needs and problems to transport management;
- Adhere to all safety and communication protocols as advised by Mercy Corps and supervisor;
- Responsible for the safekeeping of all vehicle equipment, tools, first aid kits, spares etc.;
- Assist as required with logistics in the office and guesthouse daily workloads;
- Cooperate and be of assistance to staff and visitors and assist in troubleshooting potential problems during daily business;
- Check daily the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, equipment, spare parts, etc.) before start driving;
- Carrying out a hand over if another person uses the vehicle and as per the checklist;
- Ensure the security of passengers in the vehicle limiting the speed as per Mercy corps policy and traffic rules in the country;
- Inform the line manager immediately when incident or accident happened and get police report as per the insurance policy;
- Respect the security rules of the country and Mercy corps and donor related to vehicle movements, specifically at checkpoints and roadblocks and ensure all passengers know and respect the security rules; and check security situation and road conditions before departure;
- Carry out small liaising task as requested (collecting of documents, dropping of letters, payment of utility bills, government taxes etc);
- Facilitate vehicles maintenance, insurance and plate issuance process as required;
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor and agency management.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Diploma in Auto Mechanics.
- Valid 3rd Grade or above driving license
- Three years or more work experience as a Senior Driver in an International NGO;
- Training certificate in related areas is an advantage.
- Proficiency in Amharic ,English and Local language
- Willingness and ability to perform other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and appropriate flexibility.
- Emotional maturity and physical stamina.
- Excellent organizational skills with ability to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Responsible and trustworthy.
- Must be confident, self-starter, an independent thinker and have strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills; team oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse group of people.
- Good communication skills, written and oral are required.
- Good time management skill
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Ethiopia
How to Apply
All interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position advertised. All applications submitted to the Mercy Corps office include a CV, three references, and all relevant official documents. Applications will not be returned and will not be retained for future recruitment efforts. In order to ensure fairness to all applicants personal inquiries are not permitted.
Only candidates that are short listed will be acknowledged and called for interviews.
“Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Qualified female and young candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. We are committed to empower women and youth.”
DEADLINE FOR ALL APPLICATIONS: 04 June 2021/ 4:00 PM
Please send non-returnable applications and credentials to one of the following address:
Note: Please make sure that you mention the position title in the subject line of your email application.
Mercy Corps Recruiter
Addis Ababa: P.O. Box 14319
Arbaminch: P.O. Box 33 , Jijiga: P.O. Box 225
Negelle Borena: P.O. Box 116
Dire Dewa: P.O. Box 974