Jobs in Ethiopia Opportunity: FH currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Infrastructure/Shelter Officer based in Metekel and Awi Zones (Benishangul-Gumuz and Amhara Regions), Ethiopia.
Job Title: Infrastructure/Shelter Officer (2 Positions)
(FH Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by FH
- Organization: FH
- Location: Metekel and Awi Zones (Benishangul-Gumuz and Amhara Regions)
- Grade: Mid Level
- Years of Experience: 2+
- Development and Project Management,
- Engineering, Architecture, and Construction
- Closing Date: 31 May 2021
FH Ethiopia is a non-governmental organization engaged in relief and development activities. At FH, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call the “The Heartbeat”. This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty. FH Ethiopia would like to invite potential candidates to apply on the following position for Emergency Assistance to the Conflict-Displaced IDPs and Affected Host Communities of Amhara and Benishangul-Gumuz Regions, Addressing Immediate Basic Needs and Building Resilience.
Position title: Infrastructure/Shelter Officer
Duration of contract: Eight Months
· Prepare the periodic plan of action for the project with component heads/ officers and concerned staff in accordance with the original project proposals and available budget.
· Discuss with relevant community representatives and government officials and document any project ideas that bridge feasible community needs in order to feed into the organizational planning processes.
· Read and understand the PIM and project document and align PW interventions accordingly for effective implementation of the given task.
· Enroll, lead and actively participate in feasibility studies of infrastructure developments to ensure efficiency of program objectives.
· Create smooth relationship with stakeholders such as government offices, partners, community representatives, beneficiaries etc. for successful completion of planned activities.
· Prepare design, specification and bill of quantities of constructions when the need arises.
· Prepare necessary construction related documents such as memorandum of understanding among relevant stakeholders, construction agreement, payment certificate, ESMF, etc. and timely facilitate in order to finalize and use for intended purpose.
· Prepare up-to-date engineering estimation and facilitate bid process of constructions in order to select feasible and potential winner contractor.
· Identify capacity gaps of woreda partners and project staff and fill the gaps as deemed necessary with the view to enhance the capacity of partners;
· Advice and update the projects with existing and new regional government policies, guidelines, strategies and procedures related to PWs activities.
· Identify innovative and research based new technologies and work for its adoption to the project area;
· Prepare respected manuals and conduct trainings to develop technical and scheme management capacity of project and government experts and community representatives.
· Develop checklists that measure activities in accordance with set indicators in the project proposal.
SAFETY AND SECURITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Ø Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security policy of FH. Lapses in safe conduct can jeopardize the health and welfare of all staff.
Ø Every FHE staff member has an obligation to learn and understand the security situation where they are located.
Ø Each FHE staff member should adhere to all pertinent policies concerning safety and security. This includes, but not limited to, personal safety, road safety, etc.
Ø Provide adequate time to staff to participate in gender sensitivity workshops and related events.
Ø Through observation, interviews, and spot-checks, ensure that the staff planning, Implementation, monitoring and Evaluation process is gender sensitive.
Ø Facilitate open and regular discussions with staff on about the work environment, policies, and values convenient to gender issues.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
- B.SC Irrigation Engineering, hydraulic, or related field of study
- Three years relevant experience preferably in a similar program.
- NGO Experience is an advantage
- Computer literate, Interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm about the Heartbeat of FHE
How to Apply
Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Competent candidates can submit ONLY their application and CV to:
Candidates MUST refer the position title on the subject line of their emails and applications