Ethiojobs: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) currently seeks applications from eligible applicants for the post of Area Manager-Tigray Ethiopia Emergency Response based in Tigray, Ethiopia.
Job Title: Area Manager-Tigray Ethiopia Emergency Response
(Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Job in Ethiopia 2021)
Job in Ethiopia by Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Organization: Catholic Relief Services
- Location: Tigray
- Grade: Manager
- International Development,
- International Relations
- Closing Date: 05 Jun 2021
Catholic Relief Services is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
As Area Manager, you will provide overall leadership to the Tigray, Ethiopia, emergency response team and be responsible for the overall management of the project including the quality of programmatic implementation (including monitoring, evaluation and learning) and administrative elements of the project. You are responsible for ensuring that project results are achieved on time and on budget, including strategies for phase out and sustainabili ty, and that the budget is consumed as planned. As a senior leader, you will proactively manage security and mitigate security risks.
Roles and Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development, implementation and consolidation of the Tigray emergency response projects. Provide oversight for all aspects of program quality, program management, representation, and human resources. Serve as the primary point of contact to multiple donros as well as public, private and non-government stakeholders.
- Ensure strategic objectives and results are accomplished and meet technical quality standards through annual and quarterly activity planning and budget forecasts. Lead quarterly technical review of implementation plans.
- Effectively manage talent and supervise. Manage team dynamics and staff well-being. Provide coaching and mentoring. Oversee the development of staffing plans and recruitment process of senior staff
- Coordinate with M&E department to oversee the design and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation system, using appropriate forms, procedures, and tools for data collection and analysis as the basis for measuring, documenting and reporting outcomes.
- Manage and mitigate risk. Ensure compliance in multiple grants including oversight of partner budgets, finance and administration, and reporting to donors.
- Coordinate relationships with consortium partner organizations. Contribute to coordination of roles and activities of staff from consortium member organizations in implementation in line with CRS partnership principles.
- Create and maintain proper conditions for learning. Establish a safe environment for sharing of ideas, solutions, and difficulties and the capacity to detect, analyze and respond quickly to deficiencies. Identify performance gaps and training opportunities for CRS and partner staff and ensure the design and deli very of high quality training and technical assistance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven leadership and ability to build and motivate diverse and talented teams in emergency settings
- Proven experience in building and maintaining institutional linkages
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Excellent organization, planning and analytical skills; detail oriented
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated strength in relationship management
- Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of CRS Partnership strategy and Partner management experience an advantage.
- Prior experience working in emergency response settings, preferred.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge and experience in budget management and project management.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Publisher, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
Required Languages – English
Travel – Must be willing and able to travel up to 50 %.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Key Working Relationships:
Internal – Emergency response coordinator. head of programming
External – Local Church partners, international and local partners, government representatives, UN stakeholders
- Masters degree in International Development, International Relations or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience managing large scale development grants, preferably focusing on emergency response programs.
- Proven track record of successful USG funded program management, including management of multi-activity projects, complicated logistic s and large budgets, as well as commodities.
- At least 3 years of supervisory experience, including performance evaluation, coaching and mentoring.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
- Continuous Improvement & Innovation
- Builds Relationships
- Develops Talent
- Strategic Mindset
- Accountability & Stewardship
*Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. We welcome as a part of our staff people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serv ing those in need. CRS’ processes and policies reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.*
*Disclaimer**: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.*** Note: All positions requiring residence or frequent travel outside their home country must undergo and clear a pre-employment medical examination. CRS’ talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.**
*CRS welcomes candidates from the countries and regions in which we work. In the event the successful candidate is an expatriate or global telecommuter, the anticipated duration of the assignment is informed by a term limit, based on the type and level of the job and the needs of the agency. CRS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Catholic Relief Services carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.